Tote Exchange

Welcome to the Tote Exchange where you can sign up to secretly knit and exchange a bag / tote / purse that is knit or knit & felted. The exchange is now closed to new participants, but please remember to post each month with your progress. All participants should receive their package by July 21, 2006.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Nervous

Got my exchange partner. Got my yarn and pattern. Not worried about the pattern but I'm trying colors that I probably wouldn't use for myself but they are colors that she likes. But I have to admit that I'm nervous about her liking it.

2 Comments:

At 5:24 PM, Blogger Stephanie... said...

I'm a bit nervous too--my sense is the pal I'm knitting for is far more advanced than I am. then I think, isn't it the differences (be they color preferences or levels of skill) that make this so cool. And isn't it wonderful that we're all happy to do this for people we don't know!

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Kim in NJ said...

Hi,
Just wanted to let you know that you had multiple posts up, so I deleted the extras.

And I agree with Steph that I think the differences are what make exchanges like this fun. It's a chance to work in completely different colors and styles than you maybe would ordinarily.

And although I wouldn't want to make something that I think my pal wouldn't like, it's kinda nice as a recipient, I think, to get something that maybe you wouldn't have necessarily thought of for yourself.

So I say knit on with confidence. After all, if we weren't ready to risk surprises, we could all have knit exactly what we wanted ourselves!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home