Tote Exchange

Welcome to the Tote Exchange where you can sign up to secretly knit and exchange a bag / tote / purse that is knit or knit & felted. The exchange is now closed to new participants, but please remember to post each month with your progress. All participants should receive their package by July 21, 2006.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

So You Want Pictures?

As promised, Evelyn, here are the pictures:




Yes, I was the lucky recipient of Evelyn's beautiful bag! I was so thrilled to receive this in the mail since it's the first time I've ever received a knitted gift during a secret exchange ( the other one I participated, well, didn't go so smoothly).

Huge thank you to Evelyn! I love it! You will also be added to the Hall of Fame. Congratulations!

Now for my June update (making it before June 30th!):


As you can see, the main body is done. I just need to finish the edging. This last step is taking me a long time because I have to knit in the front and back of every stich... for 3 rows! That adds a LOT of stitches. Fortunately, it's a good project to take along to knitting groups when I need something simple to knit and don't require so much concentration. I'm s l o w l y getting to the finished line. I did eventually chose to knit with Frog Tree alpaca in purple.

4 Comments:

At 7:00 PM, Blogger Allison said...

Wow Evelyn - very impressive! Lined and everything!!! Kim you bag looks great too - I love the deep purple.

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Allison said...

Oops - I meant Selina!

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

What's a beautiful bag - and such attention to the finishing touches!

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger Bonnie O. said...

Selina - you lucky dog!!

Evelyn - Great job on the bag. It is beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home