Tote Exchange

Welcome to the Tote Exchange where you can sign up to secretly knit and exchange a bag / tote / purse that is knit or knit & felted. The exchange is now closed to new participants, but please remember to post each month with your progress. All participants should receive their package by July 21, 2006.

Saturday, June 17, 2006

And the Band goes on and on and on and on . ..


I'm diligently working away on my pal's bag. I started with the front piece. It was fun to knit and went fairly quickly. Then I began - THE BAND. You knit a band about 16 stitches wide, it forms the side, then the handle then the other side and then the bottom. Little did I know it would take me MY ENTIRE LIFE to knit the thing. Each side is supposed to have 140 rows but after 111 and decided it was the right size to fit. Then the handle is over 200 rows - I also shortened that as I'm pretty sure my pal is not an orangutang (sp?) I knit that side and then about half of the handle and couldn't take it any more. So I knit the back of the bag. That went quickly and was also fun to knit. But I finished that so I'm back to THE BAND. And I'm knitting and knitting and knitting. My dearest pal - I haven't forsaken you - I'm just still knitting!

1 Comments:

At 2:00 PM, Blogger Stephanie... said...

The colors are great and I'm sure it will look fabulous! I feel your pain, though, I knit a backpack and the straps seemed to go on forever plus things have to be sewn on together (i.e. pockets and straps). I HATE sewing. Your band has inspired me to do a final push to get it all done--so thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home