Tote Exchange

Welcome to the Tote Exchange where you can sign up to secretly knit and exchange a bag / tote / purse that is knit or knit & felted. The exchange is now closed to new participants, but please remember to post each month with your progress. All participants should receive their package by July 21, 2006.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Indecisive a bit...

Well, I'm wavering between what purse to make. My secret pal listed under her preferences for a felted item. Before the tote exchange started, I had in mind what pattern I wanted to make and what purse I wanted to knit for someone (before I was assigned my match). However, the yarn I was thinking of using doesn't really felt that well:



Exhibit A: Noro Silk Garden


I've been looking through all the free felted bag patterns on the web, wondering what to do. Finally, I happened by in my local yarn shop and found a felted bag pattern that looked really cute. The yarn required are these skeins (requiring 6):



Exhibit B: Frog Tree Alpaca


Problem is...I like the Noro pattern more than the felted one. Argh. Well, one purse will not be felted (the Noro one). One purse will be felted (the Frog Tree Alpaca). What do those of you who listed as 'felted' as your preferences think? Would you mind getting a non-felted purse regardless? Or shall I respect my secret pal's preferences and knit the felted bag pattern?

3 Comments:

At 6:03 PM, Blogger Allison said...

I think it's just a preference and not an absolute. I'm guessing your pal would be thrilled with anything you make for her. There's nothing worse than knitting

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger Bonnie O. said...

Selina: I love both your yarns! They might look good together. Of course, that's from one purple lover to another. Hee hee.

The questionnaire was supposed to be a guideline so do what you think looks best! I know that I'm personally looking forward to being surprised!

Bonnie

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger smug sheep said...

Well I'm one of the people who said 'felted' but really I'd be thrilled to get whatever my pal chose; I think go with what you like best

 

Post a Comment

<< Home