Tote Exchange

Welcome to the Tote Exchange where you can sign up to secretly knit and exchange a bag / tote / purse that is knit or knit & felted. The exchange is now closed to new participants, but please remember to post each month with your progress. All participants should receive their package by July 21, 2006.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Nothing like waiting....

... until the last minute to post for May :-)

You see -- I am somewhat here, hiding in my corner, afraid to show my face. The reason... well I haven't started my bag yet. You see I have a good excuse... well sort-of.

For the past 9+ weeks, knitting has made me horribly sea sick! Yup! Can you believe it? It's sad but true. It's only in the last few days that picking up my needles hasn't made me want to run and barf... but unfortunately I have yet to start on my bag!

What's taking so long you may ask? Well I still need to pick the perfect pattern, the perfect yarn, and the perfect time to get it all done. I have some ideas, some cool fresh new idea that is going to make for a totally perfect gift... I just need to get it from my head to my needles.

So, that's my excuse... but have no fear... my June post will soooo have a WIP update if not a FO report... I promise!! :-)

-Alison
http://couldbefun.blogspot.com

P.S. If anyone created their bag from their very own pattern design and wants to have it published on the new online knit/crochet magazine For the Love of Yarn - send me a note at editor@fortheloveofyarn.com - I'd love to get your patterns published on the site!

2 Comments:

At 7:56 PM, Blogger Allison said...

My Fellow Alison! Sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling well. I think doing a bag under these circumstances qualifies you for a gold medal. Hang in there and don't worry - there is actually still a lot of time to finish.

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger smug sheep said...

Good work on the new magazine - love the sea turtle and snail

 

Post a Comment

<< Home