Tote Exchange

Welcome to the Tote Exchange where you can sign up to secretly knit and exchange a bag / tote / purse that is knit or knit & felted. The exchange is now closed to new participants, but please remember to post each month with your progress. All participants should receive their package by July 21, 2006.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

C'est Finis!

I don't know why I had to put my title in French - perhaps because I've been listening to an audio book where some of the characters have French accents. Anyway, here it is!

The pattern is from Jamieson's Shetland Knitting Book #3, and was desigend by the "Two Old Bags" ladies. It's a nice size to sling over the shoulder, and seems very comfortable there. The yarn is Tahki Ambrosia Slim, which was great to work with. Too bad they don't make it anymore. I was lucky enough to find this at a big yarn sale a couple of years ago. I bought all they had.

Here's a close up of the button. It's a nice vintage button from my collection, and I think it goes perfectly with the bag. Keeps with the monochromatic coloring, but adds a little pizazz.

I probably won't be sending the bag off for a few weeks yet. For one thing, it's got to dry thoroughly. Also, I've got to find a few more goodies to put inside. I haven't participated in an exchange like this before, someone please tell me - should the goodies be knitting related, or can they be anything? Right now I have some of each. So much fun! Hope the recipient likes it...

7 Comments:

At 8:32 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Magnifique!!!

Your bag is gorgeous. I love the monochromatic coloring and the beautiful button.

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger Kish said...

I love the bag! I especially like the added touch with the vintage button.

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Sherri said...

WOW!!!!! I LOVE it and that button is PERFECT!!!!!!!

 
At 1:34 AM, Blogger Allison said...

Your bag is fabulous and that button is so perfect. I'm sure your pal is going to love it. I've only done one other exchange but it seems that the goodies don't have to be knitting related at all.

 
At 5:28 AM, Blogger Miri Mack said...

Great bag and button! They're both beautiful. :)

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Stephanie... said...

The bag is absolutley beautiful and having the perfect button in your collection was serendipity. Many many thanks for asking the question re: aaccompanying goodies. I've never participated in an exhange before either and was wondering the same thing.

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger Bonnie O. said...

OOH!!! LOVE it and I agree with the others that the button is simply perfect. Love that yarn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home