Tote Exchange

Welcome to the Tote Exchange where you can sign up to secretly knit and exchange a bag / tote / purse that is knit or knit & felted. The exchange is now closed to new participants, but please remember to post each month with your progress. All participants should receive their package by July 21, 2006.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

May update post

Well I've finally decided upon a pattern. Whew! that was tough because my partner is a bit difficult! I also got the wool spun and dyed so I hope that I have enough to finish the project. She will have a bag that is totally handmade from raw fleece to finished product. I know she will appreciate that. She is a fabulous knitter herself and I'm in awe of her own skills. I can't wait to see what my own pal comes up with for me. I'm dying to see it!

Lisa E

2 Comments:

At 5:18 AM, Blogger Bonnie O. said...

Lisa:
that is awesome that you will be creating something truly from scratch! My partner in the scarf exchange also was a spinner and she did the same thing as you - spun it, dyed it, knit it.

I was THRILLED to receive something so special and I'm sure your partner will be, too.

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger Miri Mack said...

It's a very cool thing that you are doing. I had an exchange partner that did the same for a hat that she made me. I was so amazed that one person could do all those things. I can't wait to see you bag. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home