Tote Exchange

Welcome to the Tote Exchange where you can sign up to secretly knit and exchange a bag / tote / purse that is knit or knit & felted. The exchange is now closed to new participants, but please remember to post each month with your progress. All participants should receive their package by July 21, 2006.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Option One: A summery bag


Via Diagonale from Knitty in summery blue and green. I finally motivated myself to sew in the lining so it is officially finished. I may try out one or two more patterns before deciding what to send to my pal.

7 Comments:

At 12:45 PM, Blogger Sherri said...

Great colour combo!!!

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Bonnie O. said...

Love the colors. Is it felted?

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Hi Bonnie-

It's made with mercerized cotton so it isn't felted. It would be fun to try a feltable version as well.

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Miri Mack said...

How cool is that! Great bag. It's so fun to see what everyone is coming up with. :-)

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger lauriec said...

What great taste you have Suzanne!! This is the same bag Im doing for my exchange partner!!! I thought it was "different" enough & just a cool pattern!

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Allison said...

Oh - I'm envious! I've been eyeing that bag and wanting to make it. I heard that it gets a bit tedious to finish it - what did you think?

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Glad others like this pattern too! This was my first experience with a slip stitch/mosaic pattern and I found it really fun to watch the pattern develop. It is a slow knit compared to a regular knit stitch but it wasn't difficult. I would highly recommend placing a stitch marker between each pattern repeat so you know when you've made an error quickly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home