Tote Exchange

Welcome to the Tote Exchange where you can sign up to secretly knit and exchange a bag / tote / purse that is knit or knit & felted. The exchange is now closed to new participants, but please remember to post each month with your progress. All participants should receive their package by July 21, 2006.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Well-traveled bag


Have been busy working on my bag. I went to visit my family in New York and New Jersey this past week and took this with me. So far the bag has been knitted on a flight from Portland OR to Albany, New York (with a stop in Chicago), at my brother's home in New Jersey and on the flight back home (Albany to Baltimore to Salt Lake City to Portland). It's really well-traveled and it will be even more so when I send it from my home in Central Oregon off and away to its recepient. It doesn't look like much now but I have high hopes for it and have taken the photo on the washer where it will eventually be felted. Incidentally, I chose Cascade yarn (for the Northwest references) got it home, looked at the label and discovered it was made in Peru! Oh well, the geography lesson continues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home