Tote Exchange

Welcome to the Tote Exchange where you can sign up to secretly knit and exchange a bag / tote / purse that is knit or knit & felted. The exchange is now closed to new participants, but please remember to post each month with your progress. All participants should receive their package by July 21, 2006.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Still working and a thank you

Wow, I'm feeling like a real slug right about now. I'm not finished. I'm not close to finished. In fact, depending on how you look at it, I'm not quite started yet! I did pick out the pattern, and I got some yarn and swatched, but.....

I just don't like how the swatch turned out. I think it was a problem that I used two different kinds of yarn, though I felted with both of them before (and they both felt nicely). I think the problem is that they didn't quite felt at the same rate, so instead of a nice rectangular swatch in stripes, I got a, well, not quite sure what you'd call the shape, other than "not quite right" .

So I'm re-evaluating. Still planning on making the same bag, but I think I'm going to order up some new yarn and go from there.

But in the meantime, I want to send a big thank you to my pal (whoever she may be ;-) for the lovely package she sent with personalized address stickers with the cutest little knitting sheep on them AND the most adorable little change purse. It's a knit sock with a purse top on it (and it's even lined). If I can figure out how to get the camera working, I'll take a picture, cause it's completely adorable! It also made my month, since my family is going through a bit of challenge at the moment (we seem to be having dueling health crises---just not fun!). So thank you very much, pal. Your thoughtfulness is really lovely!

Well, off I go on a yarn hunt. I'll post again once I've made some progress!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home