Tote Exchange

Welcome to the Tote Exchange where you can sign up to secretly knit and exchange a bag / tote / purse that is knit or knit & felted. The exchange is now closed to new participants, but please remember to post each month with your progress. All participants should receive their package by July 21, 2006.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Thank you, Thank you to my Pal

Thank you so much Sue in Ohio for my great bag. When I stopped by my mailbox yesterday (it's not at my house, so I admit that sometimes it takes me a week or so to remember to fetch the mail), I saw that I had a package and went totally blank for a moment. I couldn't figure out who would be sending me something, and I was confused even further when I saw the "joann fabrics" on the box. I do believe that denial is a highly underrated coping strategy, but if I've started purchasing things in my sleep, I'm going to worry!

But of course, it all came clear when I opened the box and saw my fabulous new tote! It's really fascinating, because it's a bit of an unusual shape---like a felted basket or bucket kind of shape, but with straps for carrying. Very, very cool. I love the "fabric," too---it's a great blue color overall, but has an underlying multicolored thread. I'm not sure I'm describing it very well, I'm afraid, but it really is great.

I'm going to try to get some photos over the next couple of days to post on the "hall of fame" section. In the meantime, though, thanks again, Sue. I really like it a lot!

Now, in other news, I must sheepishly admit that I'm nowhere near done with the tote I'm knitting for my other pal, but I am working on it. The second set of yarn has been purchased and a rather large swatch, which might, in fact, become either a pocket or a little "extra" bag (seriously, it's a big swatch) has been knit, felted, and dried. The bottom of the bag is cast on and begun, so now it's just a matter of keeping knitting! So to all who've not yet gotten your bags, one of whom is my pal, don't lose faith! The tote is coming along!

1 Comments:

At 9:17 PM, Blogger swakins said...

I am so glad you liked it! I am also glad you saw the basket in there, that was my goal, to have something to set next to your chair as you knit, but can pick up an go with. The underlying thread is a handpainted sock yarn found on eBay. The main yarn is Galway. There is a picture posted on this blog 5/31

 

Post a Comment

<< Home