Tote Exchange

Welcome to the Tote Exchange where you can sign up to secretly knit and exchange a bag / tote / purse that is knit or knit & felted. The exchange is now closed to new participants, but please remember to post each month with your progress. All participants should receive their package by July 21, 2006.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

FINALLY got started!!

I've lost track of when I am supposed to have posted on here, but here goes anyway. I have been agonising over bag patterns for what feels like ages. Everything I looked at wasn't quite right, or I couldn't decide on the right yarn, or I couldn't find the right yarn for it. I had decided that I would definitely use yarn from my stash rather than buying it - and as I have a LARGE STASH that isn't being mean, it's just something I have been trying hard to do all year. I knew I could knit something really nice from my stash, it was just a question of what. After much, much thinking, I have decided not to do a felted bag, but this ... Tasha from Knitty ... as I have had some Rowan Denim maturing in the stash for ages, and it struck a chord with something my pal said in her questionnaire. I only started it last night but it looks like it will knit up quite quickly. I am planning to line it, which isn't in the pattern, but I want to chose some nice fabric (also from the stash, I have a fabric stash too!) that complements the denim look. It won't be a huge bag, but my pal didn't say anything about size, and I think it will be really pretty. If I have time I am hoping to make a pin or something to put on it as well.

2 Comments:

At 9:30 PM, Blogger Kish said...

That's a really cool bag pattern. I love the detailing on the edge and the strap!!! Very nice choice :).

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger coco said...

Can I have that one??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home