Tote Exchange

Welcome to the Tote Exchange where you can sign up to secretly knit and exchange a bag / tote / purse that is knit or knit & felted. The exchange is now closed to new participants, but please remember to post each month with your progress. All participants should receive their package by July 21, 2006.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Just About Finished

Here is a recent picture of the tote. I felted it today. I had so much fun doing it, as I have never done a felted project before. It did make me really nervous that it would shrink too much, or get all mangled in the wash. I used Lambspride Bulky and it worked really well! All of the pieces and parts to the purse are in the picture. I tried to take a picture of the 3 pockets on the inside, but they didn't turn out. Hopefully I can have it assembled and mailed out by the weekend!

4 Comments:

At 9:07 PM, Blogger Bonnie O. said...

Kish! It is lovely! I love the color combination and it looks like a clever design.

 
At 1:38 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

Very nifty! I would love to know how you did the pockets.

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger Allison said...

Kish it looks great. Very elegant. I'm impressed that it's your first felted bag!

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Kish said...

The pockets were easy. I created a tube for the inside identical to the outside, flipped the bag inside out, laid the tube on top and sewed it up around the bottom and two sides. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home