Tote Exchange

Welcome to the Tote Exchange where you can sign up to secretly knit and exchange a bag / tote / purse that is knit or knit & felted. The exchange is now closed to new participants, but please remember to post each month with your progress. All participants should receive their package by July 21, 2006.

Monday, July 31, 2006

The beast that wouldn't die....er, I mean, dry





Well, after it took a good couple more days to dry than I'd expected, the bag is finally fully completed and on its way. Although it's terribly, terribly late, I do think it came out kinda cool. I especially like the colors (if I do say so myself, lol)! I've taken some pics, though I'm not sure my camera does the colors justice (honest, I got lots of compliments whenever I worked on it ;-). Here it is unfelted.

It's a double-thickness of knitpicks Wool of the Andes, with graduating colors. The felted fabric is nice and thick---it should be good to hold a lot of stuff. Not that this matters in a bag, but it's also really warm, I discovered while sewing on the pockets. I'm really thinking of making myself mittens or slippers with the same yarn!

Below are pics of it completely finished, with straps attached, from both sides---it has pockets (slightly different sizes) on both sides. The "scenery" is needle-felted on. If my tote exchange pal doesn't like that stuff, it's generally not that hard to pull the needle-felting off (though I thought it was cute, er, obviously, or I wouldn't have put it on ).

I really enjoyed working on this and am excited about doing another exchange!

9 Comments:

At 7:06 PM, Blogger Bonnie O. said...

Kim: What a gorgeous bag! You outdid yourself!

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Judy said...

Better late than never, your bag is beautiful and I'm sure the recipient will love it.

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger lauriec said...

That is THE cutest bag!!!

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Very very cute! I love the effect of the graduating colors.

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger Allison said...

You did a great job and it turned out wonderful. I'm sure your pal will love it!

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger Brahdelt said...

It's beautiful! Lucky girl who's getting it!

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger Stephanie... said...

I agree with everyone. It is well worth the wait.

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Jane said...

That is gorgeous! I'm sure your recipient will be thrilled! I didn't get in on this exchange - can't wait for the next one.

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Kim in NJ said...

Thanks everyone for your very nice comments! It's currently in the mail, so hopefully my pal will get it soon.

I'm already trying to decide what pattern to make for the next exchange!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home